Weekend Guest Services Associate
WOW! Children’s Museum is an equal-opportunity, non-profit 501(c)(3) organization located in Lafayette, CO. WOW! engages families in educational, hands-on learning experiences that connect curiosity, creativity, and discovery.
Team WOW! consists of professionally playful staff who enjoy a positive, energetic, and customer-service oriented work environment. Help enrich the lives of children throughout Boulder County and the Metro Denver area by joining our team!
Our Guest Services Associates are the faces of our Museum! The purpose of this position is to ensure that all children and families visiting WOW! have a great experience by providing exceptional customer service while maintaining a clean and safe environment.
Employee Classification: Non-exempt, part-time, hourly
Work Schedule: Weekends- Saturdays and Sundays, 9:45am-6:15pm- 16 hours/week, with potential for more
Reports to: Guest Services Director
At the Front Desk:
- Provide exceptional hospitality to children and their caregivers by greeting each visitor, offering information, answering questions and phone calls, and providing general assistance
- Check in visitors, sell memberships, gift certificates, retail items, or other Museum products via Altru software system
- Schedule Birthday Parties and Field Trips
- Communicate Museum policies to visitors, provide basic first aid as needed, and assist in lost child/caregiver response
Around the Museum:
- Walk through Museum making sure all thru ways are clear of debris or obstacles
- Provide support for birthday parties by prepping party rooms and greeting party guests.
- Interact with guests at exhibits and overseeing upkeep of the Art Room. Lead Art Room crafts and interactive exhibit activities occasionally
- Upkeep of bathrooms, snack area, reusable exhibit products, spills, and general cleanliness
- Cleaning props and exhibits throughout the day
- Provide Assistance with exhibits as needed
Behind the Scenes:
- Attend quarterly staff meetings as required
- Keep up to date on Museum policies, standards, and specific language
- Participate in training sessions to review known material and learn new material
- Assist in additional tasks as assigned by supervisor or other Museum Directors.
- High School Diploma/GED required. College degree preferred.
- Experience in customer service or a museum or education environment is a plus
- Enjoy working with children and promoting learning through play
- Exceptional customer service skills. Must be welcoming, attentive, and responsive to our visitors and colleagues.
- Responsible self-starter with problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- Ability to work collaboratively, but independently as necessary
- A great sense of humor!
- Comfortable cleaning up occasional kid-related messes and spills
- Great communication skills with both coworkers and visitors
- Basic to proficient computer skills needed with the ability to be trained on Altru Point of Sale and database software and Microsoft Outlook.
- Flexibility and adaptiveness. Willingness to grow and help WOW! grow.
- Bilingual preferred
- Availability to occasionally cover other shifts strongly preferred.
OUR HIRING PROCESS:
It is important to us to hire the right person for the job, so we like to take proper steps and time to get to know the qualified candidates. Within a couple of weeks of the job posting, we will schedule and conduct brief phone interviews. In the week following phone interviews, if you are invited for an in-person interview, you will meet with the Guest Services Director and one or two other WOW! staff members. We will do our best to be in communication with ALL applicants throughout the application process.
Please email resume AND cover letter to email@example.com